Wednesday, January 23, 2013

When CRM really matters

So now we are in January, is it a light relief to be receiving less marketing emails form retailers & suppliers or are you missing them!? Which retailers really hit the mark for you in their Christmas/holidays promotions and targeted marketing?  

In my opinion, some simply spammed their customer databases during December, advertising anything and everything, just using their database as another channel to broadcast their campaigns…..a big No-No in our opinion. All hats off to those retailers who thought about who I am, what I like, what I buy and what I am likely to buy...and hey-presto, send me something appropriate and personalised.

The international retailers are doing this superbly but that's just irritating to quote the big boys like John Lewis or gonedigging.co.uk.  However, in our local market, I was very pleasantly seduced in marketing terms by Yuppiechef, who sent me campaigns which always intrigued me and offered me products which would appeal to my Santa Claus wish lists from family and friends. Needless to say, I spent a small fortune with the Yuppiechef team and I thank them for making my Christmas shopping chore easier!

Our hats go off to Yuppiechef who emailed me frequently with relevant communications which converted to sales and happy kids, friends and hubby on 25th December. To other brands using direct marketing as a channel for advertising, we plead that you apply the 1 on 1 of CRM marketing and personalise, segment, target your messaging to be relevant to your customers. Even if Yuppiechef didn't follow all these rules, their personalised approach was much appreciated by us, and therefore Yuppiechef enjoyed converted sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment